This tastes like the real thing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 2 -4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- 1/2 carrot, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 1Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat. You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
- 2Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- 3In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
- 4In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- 5Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Dip each strip of chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each piece completely.
- 6Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has darkened to brown.
- 7Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- 8Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
- 9Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
- 10Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks. Place the chicken onto the salad forming a pile in the middle. Serve with salad dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5031.2
- Calories from Fat 4286
- Total Fat 476.2 g
- Saturated Fat 65.2 g
- Cholesterol 312.3 mg
- Sodium 3237.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 65.2 g
- Protein 52.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar