Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This tastes like the real thing!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 2 -4 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- 1⁄2 carrot, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup chow mein noodles
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat. You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
- Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Dip each strip of chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each piece completely.
- Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has darkened to brown.
- Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks. Place the chicken onto the salad forming a pile in the middle. Serve with salad dressing on the side.