Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Mock of Applebee's Restaurant's most popular dish! And being an Applebee's employee, I would have to say this recipe is pretty dang close!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 1⁄3 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 cup cooked chicken (you can use store-bought chicken fingers or bread and fry your own using corn flakes)
- Dressing: Add all ingredients in a blender and puree for about 30 seconds. I usually make a double recipe and add a little extra honey!
- Salad: This salad is made easiest with a pair of kitchen scissors. Cut lettuce and cabbage into very thin, short strips. Top with green onions, chow mein noodles and Chicken.
- Idea: You can also turn this salad into amazing wraps! I like to use grilled tortillas. Enjoy!
This salad was excellent!! Now I must admit I have never had this at Applebee's. I did change up the salad ingredients a little - I added mandarin oranges and some lightly steamed snow peas and did not have the Napa but made the dressing, etc as written and we loved it. This will definitely be added to my regular salad rotation. Thanks for posting.
I have not eaten Applebee's salad so I'm not comparing it to theirs. I made this because I found it interesting that it used breaded chicken strips. I made it exactly as stated. I liked the combination of salad ingredients. However, I found the dressing to be heavier than I like for an Oriental chicken salad; guess I'll pare it down somehow next time. Thanks for posting, Cadylynn.
The recipe is wonderful. I used canned chicken for a quick meal and it was mouth watering good.