Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a combination of the two recipes that are already out there on the internet. I played around with making this dessert a little bit more cakey and the sauce a little creamier and this is what i created. (BTW, I work at Applebees so I am always around the dessert!)
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1⁄3 cup water
Maple Butter Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (dessert topper)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, then add baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift all together into small bowl.
- Add chopped nuts, mix, then set aside.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, beaten eggs, and vanilla in a bigger bowl and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, slowly while mixing.
- Stir in white chocolate chips or chunks.
- Add water and stir so batter is even.
- Pour into 9x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool then serve with vanilla bean ice cream, maple butter sauce, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Maple Butter Sauce:.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk in sugar, maple syrup, and brown sugar.
- Add cream cheese a little bit at a time, whisking fast until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Increase flame to medium-high while whisking continuously till sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Serve warm on top of blondie and ice cream.
My sauce never smoothed out....rather lumpy. Any suggestions?
Turned out very delicious; and the sauce was incredible. My only complaint is that the end product was very cakey and less like a brownie. Maybe cutting back on the baking soda or baking powder would help with this if the recipe is ever revised.
I've missed this since I don't even have one in the city I live, this came out great! A cakey brownie the sauce was right on point! Thank you for this recipe!