Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Menu description: "our non-fat honey mustard dressing and nonfat cheddar/mozzarella blend give this blackened chicken salad the same great taste as our original and less then 5 grams of fat. Todd Wilbur- TSR
Top Review by YiayiaMouse
WOW! WOW! WOW! This is a keeper, too, Michelle. Thanks so much! The only thing I changed was to lessen the dijon by 2T and add an additional 1t of vinegar because Gato's comment, "A little too much Dijon." So, if you don't LOVE it, cut back! (Same for the honey. Gato loves it but I'm not into the sweet.) MADE FOR PAC FALL 07
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Cajun Spice Blend
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 hardboiled egg white, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Make salad dressing by mixing ingredients in a small bowl by hand. Store in a covered container in the fridge until salad is ready.
- Combine water, lime juice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl and stir.
- Add the chicken to lime juice mixture. Cover bowl and keep in the fridge overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Combine spices for the spice blend in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon over one side of the chicken breasts, cover the entire surface with spice.
- Melt butter in a hot pan.
- sear chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes.
- While first side is cooking, sprinkle another teaspoon of spice blend over the top of each breast.
- Flip over and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Surface of the chicken should be charred and black.
- Finish chicken off on your grill or broiler by cooking both sides for 2-3 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare salads by putting lettuce into two large bowls.
- Add cabbage and carrots.
- Mix the cheeses together and top the salads with the cheeses and half of hard-boiled egg.
- Sprinkle diced tomato on each salad.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch slices.
- Spread chicken over salad and serve with dressing on side.