Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Make sure you plan ahead for this one--chicken should marinate for a few hours if you want it to taste like the original. Todd Wilbur- TSR
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! We really enjoyed this light, healthy chicken salad. The dressing was flavorful even though it was made without oil. I made a half recipe and it still made a lot. I marinated the chicken overnight and used prechopped roamaine and coleslaw mix. I haven't had the original salad at Applebee's, so I don't know how close this is, but we really loved it. Thank you for sharing...this is a keeper. *Made for Photo Tag*
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄3 cups crisp chow mein noodles
Fat Free Asian Dressing
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry pectin
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine teriyaki marinade and chicken breasts in a medium bowl or plastic bag. Marinate chicken for 3-4 hours.
- Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil while stirring often with a whisk.
- Remove pan from heat to cool. When it has cooled, pour into a covered container and chill.
- When chicken breasts have marinated, preheat grill or skillet to high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until done.
- Combine lettuces,cabbages , and 1 cup carrots; toss with dressing in a large bowl.
- Divide salad among four plates. Sprinkle green onions and chow mein noodles over each salad.
- When breasts are done, slice each one widthwise into one inch strips, then cut again into small pieces.
- Top salad with chicken and add rest of carrots to the center of each salad.