Recipe by Sharon123
I love salmon and this is a sauce with some great ingredients, like honey, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Gleaned from CDkitchen.
Top Review by MadMaxx63 ..
I was looking for "something" to top my salmon this evening, looked over a few recipes and this just jumped out at me...and am I glad I tried it! One of the best sauces I've had in quite a while. For those not big on "spicy", dump the cayenne but keep the black pepper in. It took me less than 30 minutes total starting the sauce first then cooking the salmon while the sauce thickens.
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets (skin removed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then lower heat to simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy. Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn't bubble over.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat, or turn on broiler. Rub each salmon filet with olive oil, then lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Grill(or broil) the salmon for 4-7 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side. Enjoy!