Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love salmon and this is a sauce with some great ingredients, like honey, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Gleaned from CDkitchen.
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets (skin removed)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil, then lower heat to simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until syrupy. Watch the sauce closely to be sure it doesn't bubble over.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium heat, or turn on broiler. Rub each salmon filet with olive oil, then lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over top.
- Grill(or broil) the salmon for 4-7 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve salmon with a small cup of the honey pepper sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Wow this was absolutely delicious. I did however bake mine at 400 degrees for 8 minutes and then basted the salmon with some of the sauce and then broiled it for an additional 5 minutes for it to caramelize on top. It was perfect and I served it over brown rice with sauce poured on top of both...added an excellent flavor to the rice as well.
I loved this recipe. I actually saw this recipe somewhere else on Zaar and rated it 5 stars, so I thought it'd be fair to rate this the same, since the recipe looks almost identical, with an exception of the apple cider vinegar.