Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A copycat recipe to give great flavor to your favorite meats.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (granulated)
- cornstarch or water, mixture as needed to thicken
- Combine liquid ingredients No. 2 through 10 in saucepan and warm to just below a simmer over low heat.
- You may opt to use a "double boiler" pan to avoid scorching the glaze.
- Next, add garlic and then slowly add sugar while stirring.
- In small cup/bowl, add cornstarch to cold water and mix thoroughly until starch is dissolved. Increase heat to glaze and slowly stir in the starch/water mixture as it thickens.
- Do not bring to full boil. Stop just short of the desired final consistency. It will continue to thicken.
- Reduce heat to keep warm. You may serve on the side of your favorite broiled dish or brush on just before removing from the broiler/grill.