Recipe by Ashley Maassen
Applebee's has THE best mashed potatoes. I found this knock-off recipe on e-cookbooks.net. We had it last year for Christmas and it was just heavenly.
Top Review by babilicious141
These are the best!!! I love these mashed potatoes and since i got pregnant they are all i want to eat but can not afford to go to applebees so much they taste just like applebees!!
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup garlic (whole cloves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a single layer of garlic cloves on a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
- Roast in 400F degree preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until soft.
- Unwrap and let cool until touchable.
- Peel cloves and mash with potatoes when they are ready.
- Wash and rinse potatoes under cold water.
- It is not necessary to peel potatoes, unless you desire.
- In large sauce pan (or pot), bring red potatoes to a slow boil for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain in colander.
- In pan or bowl, combine potatoes, peeled and roasted garlic cloves, and all other ingredients and mash with a potato masher.
- Keep warm.