Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on a copy cat recipe site.
- 1 lb shrimp, raw, peeled, tail off, thawed, 61-90 count
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Fill fryer 2 to 3 inches deep with oil and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt. 1 teaspoon pepper, garlic, paprika and sugar into a bowl.
- Beat eggs only slightly in another bowl.
- Mix bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon pepper in a third bowl.
- Coat shrimp with flour mixture, then eggs, then bread crumb mixture, being careful to shake off excess between steps and not overcoat.
- Fry two to three minutes or until golden brown.
These were excellent! I had to substitue dry italian bread crumbs for the wheat flour as that is what I had on hand. Next time I think I'm going to try some fresh recipe #167729 with some added italian seasoning. Though, I'm sure these are fabulous as written. I cannot say I've had these from Applebee's, so I'm not sure how close this recipe is to the restaurant. Either way, I'll make them at home and save some dollars! Thanks for posting, we'll make again. Update 11-14-2009: The photo I posted used the flour mixture for a first coating, then coated with the beaten eggs (and I added some louisana hot sauce), then coated with the Homemade Panko Bread Crumbs with Italian seasoning plus all other seasonings listed, then deep fried.