Recipe by seesko
Taste almost like what Applebee's serves.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
We LOVED this dinner. The chicken was incredibly tender and flavorful. The basting sauce, itself, is fantastic. I could have eaten that all by itself! I was expecting 3 for dinner, so had marinated 3 chicken breasts. We ended up having 5 people for dinner. So once I took the picture of a whole chicken breast, I sliced them into strips. I then served the chicken strips over lightly dressed salad greens mixed with crumbled tortilla chips. It was a hit! Thank you. ~Made for Please Review My Recipe~
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup real mayonnaise, low fat okay
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, low fat okay
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa, spicy
- 1 tablespoon milk, low fat okay
- 1 teaspoon Cajun blackened spice mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups corn chips, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the first 8 ingredients, coat chicken in mixture, and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Whisk together the next 9 ingredients, cover, and chill until needed.
- Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Discard marinade.
- Brush grilled chicken with reserved dressing, sprinkle with cheese, and broil until cheese has melted.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of crumbled chips.