Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Haven't tried it yet, tell me about it! (Bullseye is best for the bbq sauce!)
- 2 slices French bread (thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- Spread the butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Put one slice of bread, butter side down, into a preheated frying pan over medium heat.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the unbuttered side of the grilling bread.
- Sprinkle half of the Cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise.
- Lay the turkey and ham in the pan next to the bread for about 30 seconds to heat it up.
- When it's warm, lay the turkey on the cheese.
- Place the tomato slices on the turkey.
- Spread the barbecue sauce over the tomato slices.
- Lay the ham on the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the ham.
- Top off the sandwich with the other slice of bread, being sure that the buttered side is facing up.
- By now the first side of bread should be golden brown.
- Flip the sandwich over and grill the other side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown as well.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan and cut in half diagonally.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
I've never tried this at Applebee's, so don't know how it compares. But this is one great sandwich. This will be repeated at my house often. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
Delicious! My hubby and I made these for lunch yesterday using Texas Toast and after checking the Applebees menu for accuracy :), we added shredded lettuce and cooked bacon to the finished sandwich to complete it. The sandwiches were so good-we completely devoured them! They cooked up really fast too and like the other reviewers, we really thought the BBQ sauce (we used Famous Dave's-Rich and Zesty) was a star ingredient. Thanks for the great recipe!
This sandwich was soooo very good. Loved the barbecue sauce on it. We also dipped ours in it. Yum Yum. Thanks for posting this quick and easy recipe.