Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is for DH. He loves patty melts
Make and share this Applebee's Classic Patty Melt (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- Season one side of the burger with salt, pepper and garlic. Place on grill or in broiler, seasoned side down. Season the other side and flip. Cook to prefered doneness.
- While burger is cooking, melt butter in fry pan on medium heat. Spread mayonnaise onto bread. Drop bread, dry side down, onto melted butter and swirl to coat.
- Cover one slice of bread with two slices of Swiss cheese and the other with two slices of Cheddar.
- In a separate frying pan, melt butter and saute sliced onions. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place cooked burger patty on top of one cheese-topped slice of bread and the saute onions on the other. Carefully assemble and cut sandwich.
Really easy recipe and loved the mayo combination! I used spicy mustard and it turned out perfect! Thanks for the great recipe!