Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is for DH. He loves patty melts
Make and share this Applebee's Classic Patty Melt (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 hamburger patties
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- melted butter, as needed
- 4 pieces Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, blended with
- roasted garlic, and
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced onion
- Season one side of the burger with salt, pepper and garlic. Place on grill or in broiler, seasoned side down. Season the other side and flip. Cook to prefered doneness.
- While burger is cooking, melt butter in fry pan on medium heat. Spread mayonnaise onto bread. Drop bread, dry side down, onto melted butter and swirl to coat.
- Cover one slice of bread with two slices of Swiss cheese and the other with two slices of Cheddar.
- In a separate frying pan, melt butter and saute sliced onions. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place cooked burger patty on top of one cheese-topped slice of bread and the saute onions on the other. Carefully assemble and cut sandwich.
Really easy recipe and loved the mayo combination! I used spicy mustard and it turned out perfect! Thanks for the great recipe!