Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my faveorite desserts to order at Applebee's! I got this from recipegoldmine.com. Prep and cook time are estimates, so make sure you leave yourself enough time to make each chimicheesecake, let them set in the fridge, fry, bake, and plate them.
- 10 -12 flour tortillas (6 1/2 inch)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) cancooked apples, drained very well
- 1⁄2 cup almond toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, and
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, mixed very well
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel topping
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy; add sugar and eggs, then beat again.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Fold toffee bits and apple pieces into cheese mixture.
- On tortilla, place a serving in the middle, about 2 1/2 inches from each side of shell.
- Tuck sides in slightly and roll shell to seal the filling and hold in the cream cheese.
- When all shells have been stuffed and rolled, place in refrigerator; chill to set filling.
- In deep fryer heat vegetable oil.
- When ready, place chimicheesecake in oil and fry until slightly golden, while carefully turning on each side.
- Remove from oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chimicheesecake on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and liberally sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve cheesecake slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream and carmel topping drizzled on top.