Recipe by LibertyJustice
Copy Cat recipe of Applebee's Wonton Tacos. You can substitute the chicken for pork to have Applebee's Pork Wontons
Top Review by sassyschu
Thanks for posting this delicious recipe!! It was loved by all!! The flavour deserves 5 stars but I took one off because of the measurements for the marinade are way too much (at least double what is needed) and the coleslaw can easily be doubled. Next time I will make 1/3 - 1/2 of the marinade and double the coleslaw. Also, I missed the fresh lime.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (sliced into small chunks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup asian toasted sesame dressing (for marinade)
- 2 tablespoons asian toasted sesame dressing (for coleslaw)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 10 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Step 1: In a bowl or seal-able plastic bag. Combine stir fry sauce, Asian toasted sesame dressing, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce. Add chicken and mix well with the sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 2: In a medium bowl toss coleslaw mix with 2 tablespoons of Asian sesame dressing. Set aside.
- Step 3: Heat olive oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken with the marinade and stir fry until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the wok and transfer to a bowl. Add about 1/2 inch of oil to the wok over medium high. Fold the wonton wrappers into a triangle formation but do not seal. Place into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on one side. Turn once and fry until golden brown on the other side. Drain on paper towels.
- Step 4: To make tacos- place a small amount of the chicken mixture into the bottom of the fried wonton. Top with coleslaw mixture, green onion, cilantro and red onion.