Recipe by SJG3483
I found this recipe for Applebee's famous desert. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Top Review by ashwee
very good, tasted almost just like the applebees version. I didn't have maple extract, so i used a lot of extra maple syrup which seemed to make up for it. The brownies were a little dry but still delicious. I suggest maybe greasing the brownie pan also because they kind of stuck to the pan.
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Brownies: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add nuts, mix well, and set aside.
- Melt butter, add brown sugar, and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually combine with flour mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 9-inch square pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Sauce: Combine syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved and remove from heat.
- Beat in cream cheese and maple extract until smooth.
- Heat again in the microwave until it reaches desired consistency.