Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted in response to a request, a recipe my friend makes regularly.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped apples (unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Mix yogurt and orange peel together for dressing.
- Pour over remaining ingredients, mixing gently.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
I made this for a picnic, and timed the chilling (I thought) fairly well. But, the salad was mushy. Also, I thought it had too much going on. If I made this again, I think I would chop the zucchini instead of shredding it, as this might make it stay firm a little longer. I also would probably leave the raisins or the sunflower seeds out--or maybe use plain yogurt instead of vanilla.