Recipe by Marie
This recipe makes three loaves of bread. A great combination of zucchini and apples makes this a wonderfully moist bread that freezes well. Recipe from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Younghold
I scaled this to 2/3 (didn't have enough apple), and made it in a 9x13 like enestvmel did. It was FANTASTIC! Husband and I couldn't get enough and the 3 year old loved it. We snacked on it all day and it was addictive it was so good. We're going to try adding raisins next time, too.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and add oil, sugars and vanilla.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff).
- Spoon into three greased 8x4x2" loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool in pan for ten minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.