Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup peeled and chopped apple
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place baking cups in a muffin pan.
- For topping: Combine topping ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- For muffins: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Beat together yogurt, egg, oil and milk in small bowl.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir in apples and raisins.
- Spoon batter into bake cups, filling even with top of bake cups.
- Sprinkle topping over each muffin.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan.
Yum! These muffins were sweet and moist. They crowned very nicely and looked beautiful on my muffin tray. Thanks for this recipe, Charlotte!
I tried this yesterday, good recepie, easy and fast. I replaced the vegetable oil with coconut oil and left out cinnamon, cause hubby doesnt like it. The coconut oil gives it an amazing smell, try it out!
We liked the moistness and texture of these muffins. I added dried cranberries instead of the raisins and topped them with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.