Recipe by Ratatouilleee
Michael Smiths' recipe from Chef at home. You can eat it as it is or use it as a dip for Chicken Dippers.
- 10 crisp apples, such as Spartans, Macs or 10 granny smith apples, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Apple Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup apple butter or 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Apple Butter.
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until apples break down and become very soft.
- Continue to reduce until 80% of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce is very thick and dark brown.
- Puree with an immersion blender, a standard blender or in a food processor.
- Apple Yogurt Dip.
- Whisk together and serve with chicken dippers.