Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
The little babies are so good and so fattening! Only because they're deep fried and dipped in caramel. I guess if you wanted to bake them, you could, but it's quicker for me to fry a few when I have a craving. The best way to describe them would be little fried apple pies without having to make dough or get flour everywhere. Very simple and few ingredients, but delicious.
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 2 -3 cups oil (I use canola)
- 64 wonton wrappers
- caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each apple into 4 wedges. Cut each apple wedge into 4 pieces. Place pieces in a large bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Place a piece of apple in a wonton wrapper; fold as shown on the package and seal with a drop of water.
- Cover in plastic wrap until ready to fry. Heat oil and fry a few at a time until golden brown. (They cook quickly.) Drain on a wire rack, not paper towels.
- Serve on a tray with a bowl of slightly warmed caramel.