Recipe by Pardeemom
This recipe is from Light 'n Tasty. Great tasting muffins with a hint of orange.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
I have made this recipe before; found it on Light & Tasty as well! They are fabulous! I used more applesauce for the oil & didn't use the orange peel. They bake up nice & fluffy with lots of flavor.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk the egg, yogurt, applesauce and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the apple, raisins and orange peel.
- Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.