Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this one from a friend I used to work with and modified it some. The best thing about these weenies is that they are so easy. And with only 4 ingredients, it's pretty hard to mess up! Great for parties, showers or pot luck dinners!
- 1 lb cocktail franks (I use Little Smokies)
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and sliced into 12 sections (I like the tart apples like Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large vidalia onions or 1 large yellow sweet onion, sliced into 1/2 " strips
- Combine all ingredients in large pot.
- Simmer on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until all sugar is disolved and weiners are hot.