1/1 Photo of Apple Walnut Tart With Date/Nut Crust
This comes from The World's Healthiest Foods website. It is indeed very good for us and it tastes wonderful! Prep time does not include chill time. Your home will smell heavenly while you are cooking the apple mixture!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Apple Walnut Tart Ingredients
- 3 granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
Date or Nut Crust Ingredients
- 1First make the date/nut crust -- best to do in 2 batches in your blender or food processor.
- 2Add 1 1/4 cups walnuts with 1 1/4 cups dates in blender or processor and pulse for 40 secons until coarse. Remove and add the remainder of nuts and dates and repeat process.
- 3Press in 9-inch tart pan. Put aside.
- 4Tart Directions:.
- 5Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and add to the 2 Celsius water.
- 6Slice cored apples into fourths. Slice crosswide into 1/4 " slices.
- 7Put in lemon water and drain in a colander when all apples are sliced.
- 8Place apples in a large skillet and add the apple juice, honey, raisons, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Cook about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- 9Remove apples with a slotted spoon to a bowl and cool completely.
- 10Reduce liquid to about half. Remove from heat and cool.
- 11Spread apples over crust. Brush syrup over the apples. Chill at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Walnut Tart With Date/Nut Crust
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g