Recipe by SusieQusie
Adopted from Recipezaar account 9/15/2006. Recipe courtesy of Mean Chef.
Top Review by L-Burden
This was DELICIOUS! I had a bunch of apples that I needed to use up, and this was the perfect way. I used a frozen pie crust, but other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. Hubby loved it too. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 sweet tart crust (see Mean Chef's Sweet Tart Dough)
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, thinned with water
- 4 granny smith apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Prebake tart shell and brush warm shell with apricot preserves. (SQ note - Baking time was not included in this recipe but listening to reviewers leads me to think that 15 minutes at 350F should be about right.).
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Arrange apple slices in tart shell.
- Scatter walnuts on top of fruit.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Add butter and work with fingers to form a crumb topping.
- Sprinkle over tart.
- Bake at 400 for about 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.