1/1 Photo of Apple Walnut Stuffing
Use this to stuff turkey,pork chops,lamb,chicken, any thing you want! This completes a holiday meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped red baking apple
- 1 cup chopped green cooking apple
- 2 cups soft bread cubes or 2 cups whole wheat bread cubes, toasted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried whole-leaf sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and celery, and cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- 2Combine apples, bread cubes, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in vegetable mixture, egg, and remaining ingredients.
- 3Spoon into a lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking dish.
- 4Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- 5Yield: 6 servings (4 1/2 cups).
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Walnut Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g