Recipe by Sharon123
Use this to stuff turkey,pork chops,lamb,chicken, any thing you want! This completes a holiday meal!
Top Review by Baked Therapy
This turned out great! I also added some stock for extra moistness, since I used more bread. I also added some dried cranberries. Everyone loved it and one guest even asked for the recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped red baking apple
- 1 cup chopped green cooking apple
- 2 cups soft bread cubes or 2 cups whole wheat bread cubes, toasted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried whole-leaf sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and celery, and cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Combine apples, bread cubes, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in vegetable mixture, egg, and remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Yield: 6 servings (4 1/2 cups).