Recipe by Juenessa
These squares are sweet, moist and nutty. They are a wonderful treat to put together in a hurry.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined.
- Stir in apple and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.