1/1 Photo of Apple Walnut Sour Cream Bread
1 hr 10 mins
A delicious bread. Try not to eat the whole loaf at one sitting! Adapted from Cook Now Serve Later cookbook. New England, Scandinavian, Mid Atlantic, South, West, Mid West
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine (or butter)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 medium apple, cored, chopped coarsely (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, and salt. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- 3Fold dry ingredients and sour cream alternately into the creamed mixture until just combined. Don't over mix! The batter should be a little thick and lumpy. Fold in apple and walnuts and spread into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- 4Bake for 1 hour at 350°F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool upright in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack and cool. Wrap tightly in foil and store at room temperature overnight.
- 5Serve either plain or with cream cheese. Enjoy!
- 6Makes 1 loaf.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Walnut Sour Cream Bread
Serving Size: 1 (996 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3177.5
- Calories from Fat 2041
- Total Fat 226.8 g
- Saturated Fat 56.3 g
- Cholesterol 524.2 mg
- Sodium 4159.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 125.2 g
- Protein 52.1 g