Matthew Molus's Note:
Very simple salad that will impress your guests. I suggest you make a double batch, this stuff doesn't last.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (double)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 sweet apples, unpeeled cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice (braeburn, gala, red delicious)
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced (save leaves for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons dried currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1Put one third of the cheese in a large bowl.
- 2Add olive oil and using a fork, mash together the cheese and oil.
- 3Add vinegar and continue to mash and mix.
- 4Add cream and pepper and mix well to make a thick creamy dressing.
- 5Add the apples, sliced celery, currants, and lemon juice to the dressing and mix well.
- 6Crumble the remaining cheese and sprinkle it over the salad along with half of the walnuts.
- 7Mix them into the salad gently and evenly.
- 8Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining walnuts and celery leaves.
- 9Serve right away.
- 10TOASTED WALNUTS.
- 11Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 12Spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 13Place baking sheet in the oven and toast, stirring occasionally, until nuts are lightly browned, fragrant, and coated in a layer of their own oil.
- 14Depending on the size of the nuts this may take between 10-20 minutes.
- 15Remove the nuts from the pan as soon as they start to look done.
- 16Pour them onto a plate to cool.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Walnut Salad with Stilton Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 422.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 8.4 g