Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very simple salad that will impress your guests. I suggest you make a double batch, this stuff doesn't last.
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (double)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 6 sweet apples, unpeeled cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice (braeburn, gala, red delicious)
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced (save leaves for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons dried currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Put one third of the cheese in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and using a fork, mash together the cheese and oil.
- Add vinegar and continue to mash and mix.
- Add cream and pepper and mix well to make a thick creamy dressing.
- Add the apples, sliced celery, currants, and lemon juice to the dressing and mix well.
- Crumble the remaining cheese and sprinkle it over the salad along with half of the walnuts.
- Mix them into the salad gently and evenly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining walnuts and celery leaves.
- Serve right away.
- TOASTED WALNUTS.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and toast, stirring occasionally, until nuts are lightly browned, fragrant, and coated in a layer of their own oil.
- Depending on the size of the nuts this may take between 10-20 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the pan as soon as they start to look done.
- Pour them onto a plate to cool.
As usual scrumptous. Hi, Matt. Loved the Oatmeal Crazin cookies, too. This recipe is the BOMB...so easy and quickly consumed by all.