1/2 Photos of Apple-Walnut Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
From Bon Appetit 1995. My sister discovered this, and our entire family has loved it ever since. Try throwing in some crumbled bleu cheese or gorgonzola - tremendous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree cranberries in processor until smooth. Add vinegar, onion, sugar and mustard and process until well blended.
- 2With processor running, gradually add oil and process until well blended.
- 3Transfer to medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Dressing can be made one day ahead of time and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature and whisk before using.
- 5Combine greens and apples in a large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat and sprinkle with walnuts.
- 6Serve, passing remaining dressing separately.
- 7Note1: I like Granny Smiths or Jonagold apples in this, although the original recipe calls for red delicious. I sometimes dice the apples, rather than slicing.
- 8Note2: I use about 2/3 grapeseed or other neutral oil and 1/3 olive oil.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Walnut Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.1
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens