Recipe by Chicagopm
I don't normally eat pancakes but I was in the mood for some Apple Walnut Pancakes. I made up a batch of these and it satisfied my pancake craving. I served these with Cinnamon Syrup.
Top Review by Starrynews
Fluffy and tasty! I served with regular syrup this time, but I can definitely see the cinnamon syrup being a great addition, or perhaps I'll add a little more cinnamon to the batter. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '11
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add milk, oil and egg to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add chopped apples and walnuts and mix well.
- Heat griddle and melt a small amount of butter on the surface.
- When the pan is heated, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle.
- Cook pancake until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Peek under the pancake to make sure that it looks cooked.
- Flip the pancake and continue cooking until done.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 until you've used up the batter or until you are tired of making these. ;-).