Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick & healthy way to start the day. You must love apple! I always add extra walnuts because I love them and sometimes a little milk over the top.
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 1⁄3 cups apple juice
- 1 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine apple, apple juice, oats, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts, honey and vanilla.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Loved oatmeal done this way! This might be my new "go to" breakfast oatmeal. Thanks!
Made this for breakfast yesterday and it was a big hit! We loved it! The only thing I did different was I added more cinnamon because we love cinnamon. This was a very satisfying oatmeal. Great way to start the day! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Its a keeper. Made for Veg N Swap Fall 2009
This made a great breakfast! I scaled the recipe down for one person. I also used old fashioned oats and just cooked a little longer, using just a little more apple juice. Thanks! Made for Vegetarian Swap-April-2009.