Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another nutritious muffin that you'll love. It is super moist and taste great! I love muffins and bake them almost every weekend.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 medium apple, peeled, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg, milk, applesauce and oil in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in cereal; let stand 5 minute.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in apples and 1/2 the walnuts.
- SPOON batter evenly into 12 greased or paper-lined medium muffin cups. Top with remaining walnuts.
- BAKE 20 minute or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minute
- Note: Wrap individually in plastic wrap, then place in freezer-style resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature before serving.