1/1 Photo of Apple - Walnut Loaf
1 hr 25 mins
This loaf is all kinds of delicious! Yogurt tenderizes, spelt flakes and flaxseed grab onto moisture, ground walnuts keep the crumb tender, dark brown sugar adds a touch of bittersweet flavour, and chunks of diced apple and walnuts add dimension. Did I mention it has NO ADDED FAT?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 3 cups nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup large-flake rolled oats or 1/3 cup spelt, flakes
- 2/3 cup demerara sugar (or dark brown)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup spelt flour
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 3 unpeeled diced apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350F, grease a loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, beat egg with yogurt.
- 3Stir in the flaxseed and spelt flakes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4Add the brown sugar and vanilla to the yogurt mixture and blend in well.
- 5Whisk together flours, ground walnuts, baking soda, and spice in a medium bowl.
- 6Add the dry mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix to blend, then fold in apple pieces and chopped walnuts.
- 7Bake on the lowest rack of the oven for 55-60 minutes, until it tests done.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple - Walnut Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 223.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: