Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a moist cake and may be topped with ice cream. Could be served as a breakfast bread without the ice cream.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apple
- 3 tablespoons pure apple juice
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pure apple juice
- Soak apple pieces in pure apple juice for one hour.
- In large mixing bowl add first six ingredients and mix at low/med speed in mixer.
- Add next three ingredients and mix well.
- Add nuts and mix well, add apple pieces (no juice should be drained) and mix until apple pieces are even distributed.
- Pour into 8x8 cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Until middle of cake is firm to touch.
- After taking cake from oven and while still hot pour glaze of sugar, melted butter and apple juice that has been well blended over the cake.
- I used a fork to poke holes evenly over the top of the cake.
- Set cake on rack to cool.
This is an excellent cake that will please everyone. I used fresh apples because that is what I had on hand. This is a very moist cake and the glaze is a perfect topping. This is a keeper and I can't wait to make it again. Thanks for sharing this, Carole in Orlando.
I made this as directed. It seems to me to have a more oatmeal and walnut taste than apple.
This was wonderful! I had some dried apples around that nobody in my house would eat, and this was the perfect way to use them up. The cake was very moist, and the glaze was great! Thanks!