Recipe by Annacia
Pure home style goodness that is perfectly suited for the fall season but will be enjoyed the year round. If you have a food processor use it to slice the apples lickity split.
- 5 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped and divided (or any nuts you prefer)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 2 qt square baking dish. Spread apples in prepared dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup walnuts.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and ginger, sprinkle over apples and nuts.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder.
- In small bowl combine egg, evaporated milk, and melted butter. Stir into flour mixture until smooth. Pour evenly over apples, sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares, serve warm topped with ice cream or whipped topping.