Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The South Beach Diet" copyright 2003. Phase Two recipe.
- 5 ounces cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-3/4-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup apple, chopped
- 2 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing, low sugar
- bibb lettuce
- In a medium bowl, gently stir together chicken, celery, apple, walnuts, and raisins.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve on a bed of Bibb lettuce.
I needed to use up some apples and this was a great salad. I did use the canned chicken and walnuts and will make this one again.
Deserves more than 5 stars, Wendy. I used some left-over corn-flaked and oven fried chicken and a sub of pecans for the walnuts. Wonderful flavors and a quick and easy salad to prepare for Sunday lunch. Thank you so much! It's a keeper! Made for the Apple a Day event in Cooking Photos.