Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nutty apple with a hint of cinnamon
- 3 medium peeled coarsely chopped Granny Smith apples
- 200 g sugar
- 180 all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 50 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g chopped walnuts, toasted
for the lemon glaze
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Melt the butter in a pot then add oil set aside to cool down.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs then vanilla and butter mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt then sift it into the sugar mixture, mixing well. Stir in apples and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased lined 9-in. x 9-in. baking tin. Bake at 180c for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the Lemon Glaze.
- Add lemon juice into icing sugar mix it well. Add zest then pour the mixture on the cake when its cool down.