Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
So moist yet walnuty crunchy. Perfect breakfast/brunch cake. My sister gave me this and I believe she got it from a Bon Appetit magazine.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 -5 medium tart apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 cup bundt pan and dust with flour.
- Combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in bowl and blend.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add to sugar mixture and blend.
- Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 inch diced peeled apples.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake one hour.
- Cool ten minutes before removing from pan.
This is really a nice cake. It's always over within minutes when I bake it and serve it. I sometimes use pecans instead of walnuts for this one depending on what I have on hand. We love the cinnamon in this the most:)