Recipe by evelyn/athens
Delicious, not too big, cake - where's the coffee?
Top Review by Miss Annie in Indy
Wonderful tasting cake. I diced my apples pretty fine, used extra apples and walnuts because thats the way I like it. After 30 minutes the top was brown, but the cake was not done. I baked for another 25 minutes. This is a very moist cake and has a wonderful flavor. I also used half sugar and half splenda. This could be part of why it took longer to bake. I don't know. But anyway it turned out delicious. Thanks for posting evelyn.
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups peeled cored and chopped granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter 8 inch square baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter and egg and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, spices and salt and mix well.
- Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is browned, 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.