Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious, not too big, cake - where's the coffee?
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups peeled cored and chopped granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter 8 inch square baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter and egg and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, spices and salt and mix well.
- Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is browned, 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Wonderful tasting cake. I diced my apples pretty fine, used extra apples and walnuts because thats the way I like it. After 30 minutes the top was brown, but the cake was not done. I baked for another 25 minutes. This is a very moist cake and has a wonderful flavor. I also used half sugar and half splenda. This could be part of why it took longer to bake. I don't know. But anyway it turned out delicious. Thanks for posting evelyn.
Very nice tastewise! I think I'll have to chop my apples finer, heck, I'll dice them. The cake reminds me pudding as it didn't hold together too well. Will try this again with less apples but I WILL try it again!