Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I recently bought myself a 7" spring form pan and wanted to make a carrot cake in it. I haven't tried this yet, but will soon. It looks really good.
- 3⁄4 cup light oil
- 1 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft silken tofu (or other egg replacer for 2 eggs)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup spelt flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash allspice
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples (diced)
- Chop the nuts and dice the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 350'F.
- In a large bowl combine the oil, sugar, tofu and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir by hand, about 200 strokes until thoroughly mixed.
- I would probably use my mixer for this.
- Fold in the nuts and apples. The batter should be stiff.
- Pour into an greased 7" spring form or bundt pan, or a loaf pan. Cook for 45 minutes or until wooden skewer stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the spring form pan, then remove the sides and continue to cool on a wire rack. Leave the metal bottom piece on until totally cooled.
- This would be delicious with a Vanilla Icing.
- Bon Appetit!