Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Recipe from my breadmaker's cookbook. Uses apple juice instead of applesauce.
- 7 -9 ounces unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place the order your breadmaker requires. Bake on 'Sweet' Setting. This makes a large loaf. Cooking time depends on your breadmaker's settings and includes the mixing and kneading process.
What a great bread! Nice texture and the apple flavor is subtle and great with the cinnamon. I made this in a mixer, let the dough rise for 1 hour, shaped a loaf and let that rise for 1 hour, then baked at 350 for 35 minutes. Wonderful plain, toasted with butter, and made into French toast - thanks for sharing the recipe!