Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until sugar dissolves. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir until well blended.
- Stir in apple, chopped walnuts, and raisins.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 9 squares.