Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Nothing like this omlette on a crisp fall day. Then head out to the orchard for more apples!
- 2 teaspoons butter (a bit more if not using a non stick skillet)
- 1 small granny smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 ounces brie cheese, cut into smallish cubes
- In a 10 in non stick skillet melt 1 t.
- of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the apples, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and saute for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter while whisking the eggs with water.
- Pour into skillet.
- Tilt and rotate pan as the egg cooks.
- Add the apple-walnut mixture to one side of the omlette, top with cheese and fold uncovered portion of omlette over top of the apple-walnut and cheese mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and let set for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a plastic spatula cut omlette in half and serve.
My fiance and I really enjoyed this..I think the only thing I would change is add a little more cinnamon and nutmeg. Otherwise, I would make again! Thanks for the great recipe!
A little sweet to be dinner, but very good! The omelet itself turned out beautifully and the stuffing was easy to make. Thanks!