Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I believe this is from Family Circle, January/February 2007. This salad does not contain meat. I'lm listing it exactly as specified, but I did cut the recipe in half and also used pecans instead of walnuts. Think you could add craisins. I also have seen different recipes using cinnamon bread.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 apple, red, cored and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded
- 28 slices bread, white
- Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sugar together. Add apple, walnuts, celery and cheese to mixture and stir until well combined. Spread onto a slice of white bread and top with a slice of bread. Use a bread knife to cut off crust; cut into 4 pieces.