Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Checking out the new Cooking Channel today. Saw this salad dressing recipe that looked interesting!
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper
- Pour the apple juice into a small pot, then boil it on high to reduce the liquid by half.
- Into a bowl, add the mustard and grind over some black pepper.
- Add a nice pinch of coarse salt, then add a dash of the apple cider vinegar. Whisk in your reduced apple juice along with the canola oil.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust if necessary.
Super dressing. I made this last night for a salad for dinner. One mistake I made was not cooking the apple juice down to half, I think next time I will allow it to cook down more. So, I added two tablespoons of cider vinegar instead of just one. It is light and tasty, just the right amount of dijon. Thanks for the post, Kozmic Blues.