8 hrs 30 mins
From what I understand, this is a recipe from Disneyland. I have never been there, but this sure sounds rich and delicious! The passive cooking time is actually the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia)
- 2 cups apples, peeled,cored and diced (Fuji apples work best)
- 1/3 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (2 to 4 ounces)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup finely diced apple, for garnish
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- 2Sweat the onions over low heat until they are clear and soft, but not brown.
- 3Add the diced apples and cook until they are soft.
- 4Add the wine and chicken stock and cream and bring to a simmer.
- 5Add the bleu cheese, to taste.
- 6Check the seasoning, and add salt and pepper if desired.
- 7Puree the soup in a blender and then refrigerate overnight or until well chilled.
- 8Serve chilled, top with a garnish of finely diced apples.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Vichyssoise With Bleu Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 414.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g