Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From what I understand, this is a recipe from Disneyland. I have never been there, but this sure sounds rich and delicious! The passive cooking time is actually the chill time.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia)
- 2 cups apples, peeled,cored and diced (Fuji apples work best)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (2 to 4 ounces)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup finely diced apple, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Sweat the onions over low heat until they are clear and soft, but not brown.
- Add the diced apples and cook until they are soft.
- Add the wine and chicken stock and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the bleu cheese, to taste.
- Check the seasoning, and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Puree the soup in a blender and then refrigerate overnight or until well chilled.
- Serve chilled, top with a garnish of finely diced apples.
This was really nice! I actually enjoyed it warm rather than cold with sourdough bread to dip it in. I saved the leftovers to eat cold this week.