Recipe by Bergy
I served this with a Thanksgiving dinner and it complimented the meal. Make the day ahead, refrigerate and heat just before the dinner
Top Review by *Parsley*
Great combination of flavors. I used a hot madras curry powder and it was perfect against the sweetness of the apple and cucumber. I garnished with chopped green parts of the scallions (close enough if you don't have chives). Makes a nice starter soup or just a warming lunch. Thanx!
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, s eeded and chopped
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry
- salt and pepper
- chopped chives (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the onion, celery, potato, cucumber, apple and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and puree in a food processor or blender.
- Return to saucepan stir in the remaining ingredients (not the chives).
- Heat again and taste- adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve very hot.